Spiraling Toward Irrelevancy

Never has a blog title spoken quicker to the absolute truth than "Spiraling Toward Irrelevancy" ...

8.21.2008

TGO Radio Production Notes (Part Two)

Full test shows were recorded on each of the last two Wednesdays. If it were only up to me, this gross experiment would have ended about 730pm yesterday, at the conclusion of the second test, which was shapeless and horrible. (So bad, in fact, I’ve made no attempt to listen to or edit the finished product.)

I’m willing to allow that my skepticism could, in part, stem from other light duty depressions and general fatigue nearing the end of this long, busy summer. But there was a general unhappiness among the TGO Radio staff at the conclusion of the second test. At that point, Jeff looked across the desk at me and wondered aloud what was missing – everything feels (and sounds) unnatural and forced. We both shook our heads.

As we parted ways I told Jeff to email me his ideas as to the show generally – in all likelihood, the entire format will have to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground, and we’re all going to have to work a lot harder at show prep (that means you, Doug Reacharound, you doughnut eating and champagne drinking bitch) which, frankly, is difficult, given that everything around us (from this awful election down) is insufferably boring.

Still, my being tired of being alive shouldn’t weigh the show down.

As decisions are made, notes will be posted here.