Spiraling Toward Irrelevancy

Never has a blog title spoken quicker to the absolute truth than "Spiraling Toward Irrelevancy" ...

1.29.2006

Thursday's Update on Sunday: Lincoln Blog & MFW / TGO Radio / Assorted Nonsense

The blog at the Lincoln’s Tomb website has been updated; read the latest. It will be frequently updated, so check back.

Over the last two days, I wrote two magnificent, long pieces for that blog, each detailing various research materials that had arrived, others I would be seeking out … one even had the meaning of life snuck in there at the end. Both vanished into the ether. The first was because the power blinked off and on here at the Camp, thus all was lost. No one to blame there; I could only get mad to a point.

Sunday morning, though, between 3am and 4.20am, I wrote another very long entry about the same subjects, employing the “quick blog” service made available by my web hosting company. After 80 minutes I hit the save button and … was promptly directed back to the login page; all was lost. The term “motherless fucking whores” was sprinkled around quite liberally as I worked out exactly who I was going to kill at this company, making sure to plan it so that each death will be more gruesome than the last. (I will not name this company, but will henceforth refer to them only as MFW.)

By he way, I did call Saturday and paid MFW a certain amount of money so that the advertising could be removed from the blog at the Lincoln’s Tomb site. And it’s still there.

A red car just pulled up to the corner and parked. I can see it outside the window … I think the guy driving is getting oral. Well done.

I am told Jeff will be able to offer me a start date for TGO Radio (season two) after this weekend. I was also told that last weekend.

If you're reading this on Sunday, you're violating the very sanctity of International Internet-Free Day. And you should feel shame. Shame.

From the It's Not Mere Stupidity, It's Darwinism File: Tamra Eason paid for a tattoo from a door-to-door tattoo artist, who was using a homemade gun, and got sick. And you just know she has children ... and you just know that we're somehow paying for them.

"A prostitute who bit her client's penis so hard he required an operation has denied grievous bodily harm with intent .... Louise Jowett carried out the attack because Brett O'Leary... told her he had no more money to give her after already paying her for sex."

"A professor from chair of quantum and optical electronics of the Ulyanovsk State University in western Russia has patented a method of making things invisible, Interfax news agency reported." Sure he has. Why do I have a feeling there's an old Delorian involved?

"About 25 years ago, Ron Stallworth was asked to lead the Ku Klux Klan chapter in Colorado Springs. Problem was, the outgoing Klan leader didn't know that Stallworth is black."

Still avoiding Iraq? Yep.