Spiraling Toward Irrelevancy

Never has a blog title spoken quicker to the absolute truth than "Spiraling Toward Irrelevancy" ...

4.11.2006

"Lincoln's Tomb" Note / MySpace Column Note

Early Tuesday morning I began rough, handwritten outlines for a few sections of Lincoln’s Tomb, which I will begin writing sometime this upcoming weekend. One is about John Parker, the man assigned to guard Lincoln the night of the assassination, another for what will be the last chapter of the book, about modern day Springfield and how it maintains Lincoln’s legacy. As promised in the column “For the Typewriter,” these sections – as well as the book’s entire first draft – will be written on my old manual typewriter. I will post excerpts as soon as they’re finished.

Those of you wondering what the hell MySpace is all about may be interested to read my next column, “The MySpace Social Experiment,” coming this Friday. Especially if you have daughters.