Spiraling Toward Irrelevancy

Never has a blog title spoken quicker to the absolute truth than "Spiraling Toward Irrelevancy" ...

4.22.2006

Updates: TGO @ MySpace, Springtime Assholes, TGO Awards, TGO Radio, "Lincoln's Tomb"

Those who have read the column “The MySpace Social Experiment” may be curious to know I have updated my MySpace account to include my full name and current data, though I have changed my location from my actual city to “Northern, Indiana,” in case anyone would think of trying to find the girl whose profile I mention in the column. Basically I made the change because I didn’t want people to think I was trying to cruise teenage girls. The only real differences between the MySpace page and this blog are the lists of books I’ve read / albums I’ve listened to recently and some dopey pictures I posted to humor myself. Otherwise, whatever is available here is available there …. In the unlikely event you’re curious, you can see the page here: http://www.myspace.com/brianswise

By the way, having now spent several days bumping around MySpace, I have come to a few conclusions: I now realize what The Kids see in it – MySpace is an exquisite time-waster. If so inclined, you could spend hours tweaking your profile, adding videos and pictures, adding a song that annoyingly starts playing whenever someone visits your page, leaving comments on other people’s profiles (not to mention for their pictures and videos), reading blogs, getting yourself into little groups consisting of likeminded heathens … in other words, it’s perfect if you’ve got 20 minutes to kill, or are dodging homework, et cetera.

Also, there’s some decent art floating around on there. I’ve found myself sending emails to a few people telling them I like their art. Granted they’re few and far between, but it’s out there.

Third, I’ve got to stop fighting the fact meeting women on the Internet is my destiny. You’ll notice that in the “MySpace Social Experiment” column I noted the number of attractive gals hanging out there, but that’s not the reason I must relent to this reality. The reason is that I literally have no other way to meet them, given my indoor work (writing, researching, office work) and great dislike of bars, crowds, et cetera. Not to mention I prefer them to men when it comes to things like gay little coffee get-togethers, dinners and moving picture shows. Of course, that is bound to be a hilarious process once (and if) it begins, so I’ll keep you all updated. (No names, man.)

Attention Springtime Assholes: No time like the present to get a new muffler. Or, you know, if you’re out riding a motorcycle you insist must be as loud as humanly possible because all the noise takes your mind off your small, tiny, miniscule cock, feel free to drive straight off a fucking cliff somewhere. I continue living in small towns because I detest the noise other people produce; while I accept that some will naturally occur, the continuing parade of loud car stereos, muffler-less cars / motorcycles makes me want to stand out on the curb with a shotgun and a trash bag full of shells. Time to put aside your inferiority complexes and bring the noise down.

Re: The 2005 TGO Awards. Yes, I know they’re very late (normally announced in February), but as usual I’m held up between two nominees for one category, namely the 2005 Song of the Year. Will get around to it this weekend.

I’m close to deciding on a format for TGO Radio (the Solo Show) and should record a test show in the next few weeks. Speaking of which, I’ve begun working on a TGO Radio Greatest Hits CD for The White Yoko and will probably make the entire file available for free at BrianWise.com. More news on that as it becomes available. Obviously I want the final product to be slickly produced, so it’s going to take some work.

Research work on Lincoln’s Tomb is on brief hiatus while I catch up on some other reading.